Get ready for some Hawaiian Soaring FUN !
- Piloted scenic flights for one or two passengers
- Specialty “hands-on” and aerobatic flights
- Flight instruction and aircraft rental
See Oahu from a bird’s-eye perspective !
- One of our “million-mile” glider pilots is your guide
- Absolutely FANTASTIC views and sensations !
- Oahu’s famous North Shore comes ALIVE from your bird’s-eye perspective
Honolulu Soaring was formed in 1970 and has operated continuously from Dillingham Airfield on Oahu’s North Shore. At that time, Dillingham was an Air Force Base that had recently been deactivated. When Bill Star and Sam Bleadon came to Hawaii as recent college graduates, the best friends saw an opportunity. With the financial help of Sam’s dad, they started Honolulu Soaring with just one towplane and one glider. Sam Bleadon retired in 2007. Although Sam is retired, he still lends a hand on our Oahu glider tours.